- Határidő: 2016.01.15.
- Training Course: 23-28 April 2016 | Cardiff/Wales, United Kingdom
Training for Trainers on ‘Communicating Meaningfully with Others’ based on the ETS competence model for trainers working at international level.
In the context of the European Training Strategy (ETS) the SALTO Training & Cooperation Resource Centre (SALTO T&C RC) published the ETS competence model for trainers working at international level with criteria and indicators here.
With this call the UK National Agency for Erasmus+ together with SALTO T&C RC invite trainers to take part in the second COMETS training course - COMETS communicates.
COMETS communicates will focus on the competence area ‘Communicating meaningfully with others’.
The UK National Agency for Erasmus+ together with SALTO T&C RC are happy to invite selected participants to come to Cardiff, Wales (UK), from Saturday 23rd April (arrival day) to Thursday 28th April (departure day) 2016. Further information will follow soon after the selection procedure.
The competence area ‘Communicating meaningfully with others’ is in the ETS competence model described with the following competences:
- An ability to listen actively
- An ability to be empathetic
- An ability to clearly express thoughts and emotions
- An awareness of identity-related issues
- Being diversity-aware
- Exploring sources (theories, methodologies, approaches) in forming trainer’s practice,
- Supporting work on the interconnections between being a trainer, the group the trainer works with, and the context,
- Create space which invites the ‚whole person‘ (Body-Mind-Heart-Soul),
- Creating a learning environment which invites participants to stretch boundaries, and
- Critically reviewing our practice and underlying attitudes as trainer in respect of meaningful communication, empathy, and emotions.
The team of trainers of COMETS communicates is Gisele Evrard Markovic and Gerald Dowden.
Application deadline: 15 January 2016
Date of selection: 1 February 2016
This project is financed by the Erasmus+: Youth in Action Programme. Being selected for this course, all costs (accommodation, travel, visa, etc.) relevant to participation in the course will be covered by the NAs or the SALTO EECA, SALTO SEE and EuroMed RCs (firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com) selecting applicants for this project - except a participation fee which varies from call to call and country to country. Please contact your NA or your SALTO RC to learn more about the financial details, and how to arrange the booking of your travel tickets and the reimbursement of your travel expenses - after being selected.
Note: Hungarian applicants are expected to apply on a Hungarian and on an English application form, too.
Hungarian application form, more information and conditions:
Project code by the Hungarian NA: 15013
Application form in English
Afterwards the training team will contact selected participants with specific information regarding their developing detailing programme needs in order to maximise the time available during the training – it will be important that you make time during this period to respond accordingly.
If you have any further need for information or clarification please contact with regard to content SALTO T&C RC, Rita Bergstein, firstname.lastname@example.org and with regard to logistics Fergal Barr, email@example.com.
COMETS is a training for trainers format which will, in the forthcoming years, provide advanced trainers with opportunities to come together to reflect upon, discuss and develop further on different competence areas of the ETS competence model.
In the context of COMETS, advanced means that the trainer-learner has the capacity to direct his/her own learning and in particular to self-assess his/her competences in this activity with specific regard to communication – of course experience as a trainer and/or learner in training matters.
The general aims of the COMETS training courses are:
- To contribute to quality development of youth work and of training practise in the field
- To put the ETS competence model in practise
- To support National Agencies in working with trainers on competence development
- To contribute to the professional development of trainers in the field.
Available downloads: Guiding principles
Please find here further material for reading: The ETS competence model for trainers working at international level here.
In cooperation with some Erasmus+: Youth in Action National Agencies SALTO T&C RC developed a strategy to provide opportunities for trainers to develop their competences according to their needs and needs of training providers like National Agencies. Please find more information on this website.
Further information on the application process in Hungary:
Pályázati munkacsoport-vezető | Co-ordinator of the Applications Team
Család-, Ifjúság- és Népesedéspolitikai Intézet
Erasmus+ Ifjúsági Programiroda - Erasmus+ Youth National Agency
1134 Budapest, Tüzér utca 33-35.
Tel: +36 1 237 6765